netherworld (plural netherworlds)
- The place where one"s spirit descends to upon death.
- In some mythologies, one"s soul departs to a netherworld instead of the heavens.
- The locale of the spirit world or afterlife, whether deemed to be situated below the world of the living or not.
- While I was astrally projecting, I felt my soul pass through many insubstantial netherworlds.
- Specifically, a location of punishment in the afterlife; a hell.
- The missionary was motivated by a sincere desire to rescue souls from eternal torment in the netherworld.
- A hidden, shadowy, or sinister subculture, such as that of organized crime.
- Richard had been initiated to the netherworld of dog racing by his father, and knew all the popular greyhound performance enhancing drugs.
- (subterranean region for spirits of the dead): Hades, hell, underworld
- (location of the spirit world or afterlife): astral plane, heaven
- (place of punishment after death): damnation, Hades, hell, underworld
- (hidden, shadowy, or sinister subculture): underworld
11 letters in word "netherworld": D E E H L N O R R T W.
No anagrams for netherworld found in this word list.